Monday, December 5, 2011

SadSong

It's another sad song
Another sad tale
Another child following the beat of another heart
All because she doesn't fit in, she hasn't found her story yet
It's another song
Another sad song
She's isn't like the others, her story, it doesn't stand out
You see, she's tried to fit in
But the girls just laugh
It's not the first time we've heard this story
The pressure to fit in, to be yourself and still be liked
We all wanted to be with the cool group
I know I did, but I learned they weren't worth it
Not everyone is so fortunate, not everyone comes from home with two parents that say I love you
We would risk our lunch money, we'd risk our health
We'd risk our personality to be just like her
Just like them
The pressures to fit in, spread like a disease
One that is next to impossible to end
It starts in the home
When the parent decides to stop parenting
Or doesn't ask her child
Why are you dressed like that?
Daughter says, "All the girls at school do it, its the new thing"
Mother tries to explain that it won't do anything but harm her beliefs and values
It's another sad songShe tries to fit in
But none of what she is doing seems to be working
So she tries something else
She meets him
Girls talk about girls who know lots of guys
But she is unaware that this is not always a good thing
She starts chatting him up
But he's not interested
"I don't play like that" he says
"Your a guy" she points out
And with that, he gets up and walks out
Leaving the sad song on the table
Nobody to pick it up
Nobody to read it and correct the mistakes
She just sits there
She can feel the stares, hear the whispers
Sad song only whispered because nobody dares to sing her song out loud
Sad song, sad song
She tried but sad songs are out of style
Either you know who you are, and can handle your beat
Or you will get picked up and thrown out
Because nobody likes a copy
Stick to being you
Trust me, I know how it feels to be a sad song, but now I have my own song
And I have no problem singing it loud, because I learned to be me


Signed:
TheFabChick

No comments:

Post a Comment