Monday, November 7, 2011

You Inspired Me

You inspired me to stand on this stage
You convinced me to use my words to speak to people
You told me, month after month, that I should get up on stage yet I was terrified
"My work has not been edited yet, some day"
It took six months to get me on the stage at Gingers Tavern but I finally made it Christmas of 07
I was shaking so much that I nearly dropped my sweater in the paint
I was nervous sharing a poem that I had written
I chose a love poem to share with strangers even though I was not in love at the time
See, I was first introduced to poetry by a friend
This friend has never heard this story
But that is fine because it will make it easier for me to tell...
My first time was beautiful
The people surrounded me with love and support
I have never been one to believe in herself
I never saw what most saw which is an incredibly beautiful woman with so much heart, passion, and drive to be better
Because of you, I stand here with pride and respect knowing I am doing what I love
Not caring whether you like what I write because it is not about you anymore
I do not write to please you
I write to send a message
And if this message is for you
If there are days when you feel so low that nothing can make you smile
Never forget that someone out there is willing to make you laugh
You see,
You inspired me to never give up
To keep going, to keep fighting
And for that
I say thank you
For that, I say, bless you
For that, I say, never stop being you, because you has given me the chance to be me

Signed:
TheFabChick

No comments:

Post a Comment